Youssef Nassar is a rising artist in Photography and Video Clips industry and a guitar player as well. Here is an interview with Youssef to introduce you to his work and future projects. We would like to thank him for this interview.
- How did you get into photography? Do you have inspiring artists?
Hey! Well, It started back in 2009 while majoring in Radio/TV (film making).
When it comes to photographers, I really do admire Lasse Hoile’s work (Porcupine Tree’s photographer/videographer).
- What are the major projects you worked on so far? What pictures do you consider as your best and why?
Last year was really effective on me. I shot out of nowhere a tribute video for the song “Normal ” by Porcupine Tree and it turned out to be a success. That video led me into discussing a music video for “Paul Cusick ” (should be shot really soon, waiting for the pre-production phase). Several Local bands are on the list as well.
I can’t really choose my favorite photograph, but if I had to, I’d go with one of my recent works which is this one (check below).
- Is there a theme in photography which you prefer? Are there things or feelings hard to capture in photography?
Anything but Cliche work. I really love twisted/Artistic stuff. As long as you’re holding your camera, you could capture anything.
- Do you see a relation between photography and music?
OH YEAH! Music is my biggest inspiration. You could make a whole movie out of a song. I’m talking about decent songs.
- When did you start working with music artists and why? How much are you involved in music?
Like a year ago. The thing is, we understand each other, because I’m a musician as well. I play the guitar. I always know what I’ll be dealing with and it’s so much easier.
- Tell us about the exhibition of you photos at Amadeus Awad album release. What relationship do you have with the artist?
Yeah it was a digital screening actually. We’re friends.
- How did the work with Blood Ink go for the video? Where did the idea come from? How was it all shot?
Blood Ink is a really cool band and we’re friends. People with bad temper, must check the band out! They’re HEAVY. Haha.
Anyway, I came up with the idea and I thought “Hey, we should bring a young girl and do the singing instead “. It was shot in one day. That was a hectic day but it was really fun.
- Are there future projects with music artist? Is there a project you are currently working on which would interest the music or art minded people?
Yeah, Actually I’ll be shooting a new music video for another local band as well “Roswell “. And in Summer, I might shoot another tribute video for a song called “DNA” by Blackfield and I have to check out with Paul Cusick as well. Busy days, epic days!